Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thing number 19

It took me a while of searching subject areas before I decided on something that interested me. I went to the short list but there were still so many to choose from. I visited Odeo, peertrainer for health and fitness and medstory. I can think of so many uses of most of these websites for helping patrons find information. I really like Pandora, you search for a song by title or by artist and it will create a station of songs similar to the artist or music that you picked. This would be of great to use for to the library, to search for songs, artists and other history. To find an artist you just type the name under find an artist and it will give you some history along with a biographical excerpt about the artist., below that they have “selected discography” which lists their albums titles of songs and more. All those years of creating a song index in Dbase (not even sure if that’s how it was spelled way back when). I wonder if they still have those files in RS. You can actually make selections and it will just play your favorite songs.

1 comment:

Namaste said...

I think I could find uses for the Pandora site since I love all kinds of music.